21 January 2011

Michel Rostang's Double Chocolate Mousse Cake

Well, here's my first entry for the French Friday's with Dorie.The recipe itself is quite easy and quite delicious. It's no different than a basic chocolate mousse, save for two quick trips in the oven thus producing a lovely two-layer mousse cake. I made the first layer on Wednesday before class and the second yesterday before class. I chose to serve the cake baked and chilled since it best accommodated my schedule and Dorie's recommendation.

Chocolate


Then, home from campus yesterday, a quick picture, and off to Andrew's with it. The flavor was quite good and the texture was nice as well. I wish I had pictures to do it justice. Although it was quick enough to squeeze in before class and other events, there wasn't quite enough time or daylight for the photos. Oh well. Better luck next time. I think the adventure is off to a good start and I like the challenge of trying to accomplish something special during the week, especially before I have to go to school. There is, of course, the danger of letting this take too much time wanting to stay in the kitchen a little too long. So, onwards and upwards, as they say.

Double Chocolate Mousse Cake

4 comments:

  1. Welcome! I just joined a few weeks ago, but resisted the urge this week (was busy with my Daring Bakers' Challenge and didn't need two decadent desserts around the house!). Looking forward to cooking with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Denise! I'm looking forward to cooking with you, too. I've always been tempted by the Daring Backers' Challenge, so I might have to give it a go. For now, though, I'm happy to get my feet wet with this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the group! It's really challenging to get pictures while there's enough light out. Here in Vancouver, we've had a stretch of cloudy weather that's making it even harder.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bienvenue! My kitchen is no where near my windows...hmmm Thanks for the natural light tip!

    ReplyDelete